General Terms & Conditions Station Taxi Hook Limited a Limited Company registered in the Companies Registry of England & Wales under number: 09176135
The Company will undertake to hire passenger vehicle(s) to the Client (the person or other legal entity booking the required service) for the specified journey(s) or period of hire, under the following terms and conditions:
1. Station Taxi Hook shall have no liability if the cost of a journey exceeds any taxi estimate given. Any taxi estimate given is supplied and accepted on the basis that it is an estimate only, net of any extras or fees and is based upon the traffic conditions and tariff in place at the booked time.
2. The charge on your credit/debit card statement will be listed as “Station Taxi Hook “.
3. When a prospective customer wishes to proceed on the basis of an estimate received they will make their booking using our online booking form, by telephone, by text message, or by email.
4. Every effort will be made by Station Taxi Hook to ensure that the taxi will arrive on time and reach destinations on time Station Taxi Hook shall not be held responsible or liable for any delays (and/or arising consequential losses) that occur beyond its control.
5. The driver will travel by the most appropriate route on the day, unless instructed otherwise by the customer.
6. Our taxis are fully insured for passenger and third party claims under British Law, customer’s properties are carried entirely at their own risk and Station Taxi Hook shall not be held responsible/liable for any loss/damage to such property.
7. Station Taxi Hook and its drivers have the right to refuse to carry any passenger who is thought to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs or whose behaviour poses a threat to the driver, the vehicle, or other passengers, or the general public.
8. Regarding “Fixed Price Quotations,” if the driver has to wait more than 15 minutes for the passenger to arrive after the confirmed arrival time, then the “Fixed Price Quotation” will revert back to the full meter fare.
9.In other rare and exceptional circumstances “Fixed Price Quotations” will revert back to the full meter fare. For example, road closures, diversions causing unusually heavy traffic, and any other circumstances that are beyond the driver’s control and that result in a substantial addition to the expected journey time.
10. Nothing contained in these terms and conditions can affect the customer’s statutory rights.
11. Proceeding with a booking (either online, by email, by text message, or by telephone) infers that the customer has read and agreed to these “Terms & Conditions”.
12. Soiling Charge. There will be an additional £100 charge for soiling on taxi and extra £100 if it requires the taxi to be taken out of service for cleaning.
13. Car Park Fees. When the booking requires the taxi to be parked in a Car Park (e.g. waiting for the customer at an airport), the customer will be charged the Car Park Fees in addition to the taxi fare.
14.Car parking charges / road tolls The quoted journey / hire rates whether stated in the tariff or specific quotation include all basic car parking and waiting charges for a period of ½ hour from the time of arrival of the aircraft. Where additional waiting time is charged, pro-rata parking fees incurred will additionally be charged to the Client.
15.Variations to agreed journey or hire period; Waiting time: For airport, ferry terminal and Eurostar station collections the quoted rates include a period of ½ hour waiting from the agreed booking time. Waiting may be charged pro rata at the standard rate(s) on the fare chart. Where the public transport operator does not make the delay in arrival publicly known sufficiently in advance of the scheduled arrival time, the Company reserves its rights to charge waiting time from 1/2 hour after the scheduled booking time at the standard rate. Any variations to the original journey or hire contracted between the Company and the Client may be subject to additional charges, if these changes involve extra time and/or distance being covered.
16. For bookings made by telephone, the company requires the customer’s credit/debit card details to secure the booking. The company reserves the right to apply a deferred charge to the customer’s credit/debit card for the full amount before the booked date. This deferred charge is not an actual charge against the card but is a verification that the funds are available.
17. These Terms & Conditions are subject to change. Terms & Conditions in effect at the time of the booking will apply.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Listed below is our “General Cancellation and Refund Policy”. Additional policies may apply for specific services (such as airport transfer, executive hire etc.) and are outlined in B. Additional Terms and Conditions below.
a. All changes and cancellations must be made by telephone to our main office tel: +44 (0)1256767676 or by email to bo*****@st*************.uk.
b. All deposits are non-refundable, unless Station Taxi Hook is not able to supply the service.
c. Our cancellation period is 12 hours, unless specified otherwise. If a confirmed booking is cancelled less than 12 hours before the scheduled pick-up time, a full charge for the estimated journey cost will be made to the customer’s debit/credit card.
d. If the driver arrives at the designated pick-up time and the customer is not present, a full charge for the estimated journey cost will be made to the customer’s debit/credit card.
e. Station Taxi Hook reserves the right to refuse any changes to bookings where the pickup point is outside the Hart District Council area.
f. Station Taxi Hook reserves the right to refuse or cancel any booking.
B. Additional Terms and Conditions 1. It is the responsibility of the customer to verify the correctness of the booked date, time, pick-up location, drop-off location, and type of taxi or service required.
2. Bookings are confirmed by reply to the customer with a confirmation email.
3. Should a client fail to advise the Station Taxi Hook in advance that they will not arrive on their scheduled flight, ferry or train, the Station Taxi Hook reserves the right to charge the Client for a lost journey, should an alternative collection not be available for the booked vehicle. Vehicle availability
4. Deposits are non-refundable, unless we are unable to supply the service.
5. Our vehicles are maintained to the highest standards, but if there should be a breakdown, an unavoidable traffic delay, or if the vehicle is involved in an accident, we reserve the right to send an alternative vehicle. Every effort will be made to communicate with the customer. If the substituted vehicle is of lesser cost, the difference will be refunded to the customer. If the customer chooses not to accept the substituted vehicle, only the difference in cost is refundable to the customer.
6. The minimum hire period depends on the type of taxi, service, and location of the booking. The minimum hire period will be agreed with the customer before the booking is confirmed.